Skip to content
- Kasak K, Valach AC, Rey-Sanchez C, Kill K, Shortt R, Liu J, Dronova I, Mander Ü, Szutu D, Verfaillie J, Baldocchi DD. Experimental harvesting of wetland plants to evaluate trade-offs between reducing methane emissions and removing nutrients accumulated to the biomass in constructed wetlands. Accepted in: Science of Total Environment. In Press.
- Roux AVD, Lein AC, Dronova I, Henson RM, Rodríguez DA, Sarmiento OL. Healthy Places to Live, Work and Play. 2020. Chapter 13 in:Planetary Health, Protecting Nature to Protect Ourelves. Edited by S Myers & H Frumkin. Island Press. 456p.
- Taddeo S, Dronova I. Landscape metrics of post-restoration vegetation dynamics in wetland ecosystems. Accepted in: Landscape Ecology, In Press.
- Taddeo S, Dronova I, Depsky N. 2019. Spectral vegetation indices of wetland greenness: responses to vegetation structure, composition, and spatial distribution. Accepted in: Remote Sensing of Environment. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rse.2019.11146
- Yin H, Kong F, Dronova I, Middel A, James P. Investigation of extensive green roof outdoor spatio-temporal thermal performance during summer in a subtropical monsoon climate. Accepted in: Science of Total Environment. In Press.
- Collins J, Dronova I. Urban Landscape Change Analysis Using Local Climate Zones and Object-Based Classification in the Salt Lake Metro Region, Utah, USA. Accepted in: Remote Sensing, In Press (July 2019). Link
- Dronova I. Landscape beauty: a wicked problem in ecosystem management? Accepted: Science of the Total Environment, In Press. Link
- Taddeo S, Dronova I, Harris K. The potential of satellite greenness to predict plant diversity among wetland types, ecoregions, and disturbance levels. Accepted: Ecological Applications, In Press. Link
- Taddeo S, Dronova I. Geospatial Tools for the Large-Scale Monitoring of Wetlands in the San Francisco Estuary: Opportunities and Challenges. . Accepted in: San Francisco Estuary and Watershed Science . Link
- Yin H, Kong F, Dronova I. 2019. Hydrological performance of extensive green roofs in response to different rain events in a subtropical monsoon climate. Landscape & Ecological Engineering, doi.org/ 10.1007/s11355-019-00380-z
- Gong, P., Liu, H., Zhang, M., Li, C., Wang, J., Huang, H., Clinton, N., Ji, L., Li, Wenyu, Bai, Y., Chen, B., Xu, B., Zhu, Z., Yuan, C., Ping Suen, H., Guo, J., Xu, N., Li, Weijia, Zhao, Y., Yang, J., Yu, C., Wang, X., Fu, H., Yu, L., Dronova, I., Hui, F., Cheng, X., Shi, X., Xiao, F., Liu, Q., Song, L., 2019. Stable classification with limited sample: transferring a 30-m resolution sample set collected in 2015 to mapping 10-m resolution global land cover in 2017. Science Bulletin. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scib.2019.03.002
- Kislik C, Dronova I, Kelly NM. UAVs in support of algal bloom research: A review of current applications and future opportunities. Accepted in: Drones (Oct 12, 2018). Link
- Taddeo S, Dronova I. 2018. Indicators of vegetation development in restored wetlands. Ecological Indicators. 94:454-467. Link
- Dronova I, Friedman M, McRae I, Kong F, Yin H. 2018. Spatio-temporal non-uniformity of urban park greenness and thermal characteristics in a semi-arid region. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 34:44-54. Link
- Yin H, Kong F, Yang X, James P, Dronova I. 2018. Exploring zoning scenario impacts upon urban growth simulations using a dynamic spatial model. Accepted in: Cities, doi:10.1016/j.cities.2018.04.010.
- Penny G, Srinivasan V, Dronova I, Lele S, Thompson S. 2018. Spatial characterization of long-term hydrological change in the Arkavathy watershed adjacent to Bangalore, India, Hydrology and Earth System Science 22:595-610. Link
- Dronova I, Liang L. 2018. Phenological inference from time series remote sensing data. Chapter 4 in: “Remote Sensing Time Series Image Processing”, ed. by Dr. Q. Weng. Taylor & Francis 2018.
- Chapple DE, Dronova I. 2017. Vegetation development in a tidal marsh restoration project during a historic drought: a remote sensing approach. Accepted: Frontiers in Marine Science, section Coastal Ocean Processes, July 2017. Link
- Kong F, Ban Y, Yin H, James P, Dronova I. 2017. Modelling stormwater management at the city district level in response to changes in land use and Low Impact Development. Environmental Modelling and Software 95:132-142. Link
- Shapero M, Dronova I, Macaulay L. 2017. Implications of changing spatial dynamics of irrigated pasture, California’s third largest agricultural water use. Science of the Total Environment 605-606:445-453. link
- Dronova I, Spotswood EN, Suding KN. 2017. Opportunities and constraints in characterizing landscape distribution of an invasive grass from very high resolution multi-spectral imagery. Frontiers in Plant Science, section Technical Advances in Plant Science, special issue on Remote sensing of invasive species. Volume 8, May 2017, p.1-17. available online
- Dronova I. 2017. Environmental heterogeneity as a bridge between ecosystem service and visual quality objectives in management, planning and design. Landscape & Urban Planning 163:90-106. available in open access
- Yang J, Dronova I, Q. Ma, X. Zhang. Analysis of urbanization dynamics in mainland China using pixel-based nighttime light trajectories from 1992 to 2013. In Press: International Journal of Remote Sensing, now available online
- Yin H, Kong F, Middel A, Dronova I, Xu H, James P. Cooling effect of direct green façades during hot summer days：An observational study in Nanjing, China using TIR and 3DPC data. Building and Environment 116:195-2006. link
- Knox SH, Dronova I, Sturtevant C, Oikawa P, Matthes J, Verfaille J & Baldocchi DD. 2017. Using digital camera and Landsat imagery with eddy covariance data to model gross primary production in restored wetlands. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 237:233-245. link
- McNicol G., Sturtevant C., Knox SH, Dronova I., Baldocchi DD, Silver WL. 2017. Effects of seasonality, transport-pathway, and spatial structure on wetland greenhouse gas fluxes. Global Change Biology, doi:10.1111/gcb.13580. link
- Oikawa, P.Y., Jenerette, G.D., Knox, S.H., Sturtevant, C., Verfaillie, J., Dronova I., Poindexter C., Baldocchi, D.D. 2017. Evaluation of a hierarchy of models reveals importance of substrate limitation for predicting carbon dioxide and methane exchange in restored wetlands. Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences 121, doi:10.1002/2016JG003438. link
- Kong F, Sun Ch, Liu F, Yin H, Jiang F, Pu Y, Cavan G, Skelhorn C, Middel A, Dronova I. 2016. Energy saving potential of fragmented green spaces due to their temperature regulating ecosystem services in the summer. Applied Energy 183:1428-1440. link
- Dronova I, Taddeo S. 2016. Canopy leaf area index in non-forested marshes of the California Delta. Wetlands 36:705–716. link
- Dronova I, Beissinger SR, Burnham JW, Gong P. 2016. Landscape-level associations of wintering waterbird diversity and abundance from remotely sensed wetland characteristics of Poyang Lake. Remote Sensing, 8(6), 462; doi:10.3390/rs8060462, in special issue “What can remote sensing do for the conservation of wetlands?” link
- Baldocchi DD, Knox SH; Dronova I, Verfaille J, Oikawa P, Sturtevant C, Hatala-Matthes J, Detto M. 2016. The Impact of Expanding Flooded Land Area on the Annual Evaporation of Rice. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 223:181-193. link
- Eitzel, M. V.; Kelly, M.; Dronova, I.; Valachovic, Y.; Quinn-Davidson, L.; Solera, J.; de Valpine, P. 2016. Challenges and opportunities in synthesizing historical geospatial data using statistical models. Ecological Informatics 31:100-111. link
- Dronova I. 2015. Object-based image analysis in wetland research: a review. Remote Sensing 7: 6380-6413. link
- Dronova I, Gong P, Wang L, Zhong L. 2015. Mapping dynamic cover types in a large seasonally flooded wetland using Extended Principal Component Analysis and object-based classification. Remote Sensing of Environment 158:193-206. link
- Dronova I, Gong P, Clinton N, Wang L, Fu W, Qi S, Liu Y. 2012. Landscape analysis of wetland plant functional types: the effects of image segmentation scale, vegetation classes and classification methods. Remote Sensing of Environment 127:357-369. link
- Wang L, Dronova I, Gong P, Yang W, Li Y, Liu Q. 2012. A new time-series vegetation-water index of phenological-hydrological trait across species and functional types for Poyang Lake wetland ecosystem. Remote Sensing of Environment 125:49-63. link
- Dronova I, Gong P, Wang L. 2011. Object-based analysis and change detection of major wetland cover types and their classification uncertainty during the low water period at Poyang Lake, China. Remote Sensing of Environment 115: 3220-3236. link
- Dronova I, Bergen KM, Ellsworth DS. 2011. Forest canopy properties and variation in aboveground net primary production over Upper Great Lakes Landscapes. Ecosystems 14: 865–879. link
- Bergen KM and Dronova I. 2007. A remote sensing-ecosystem approach to observing succession on aspen-dominated landscapes. Landscape Ecology 22: 1395-1410. link
- Tkachenko V and Dronova I. 2003. The synphytoindicational characteristics of cretaceous steppe “Creydova Flora”. Ukrainian Botanical Journal. V. 1(2003): 18-25.
- Tkachenko V, Didukh Y, Dronova I. 2002. The ecological peculiarities of the department “Cretaceous Flora” of the Ukrainian Steppe Nature Reserve. Scientific Records of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy 20: 467-471.
- Gotynyan V and Dronova I. 2002. “Some trends in Remote Sensing of Earth”, Ukrainian Journal of Space Science and Technology 8: 65-69.